Sunday, September 9, 2012

Madison - The Badger State Capital

Madison, Wisconsin...the capital of the "Badger State" and home to the University of Wisconsin.  We did not have a lot planned for this stop other than get some good bratwurst, see the farmer's market and do some repairs. 

Get good brats..."Check!" Upon a recommendation of a good friend, we headed downtown to State Street and State Street Brats.  Mmmm....good stuff.  Heidi and I had Sheyboygan style and Stacey had the red beef brats.  Both were OUTSTANDING! 

Hailey poses down on Capital Square.  Do the farmer's market..."Check!" 
Hailey, our "flower child" loves all the fresh flowers at the farmer's market.  The farmer's market here in Madison is home to the largest farmer's market in the entire United States.   You can check it out here:  Dane County Farmer's Market
We enjoy the bounty of the Farmer's Market for a picnic lunch on capital square.  We had cheese bread, fresh tomato, sausages and raspberries.  We also bought a zucchini to cook up later for dinner. 
Aaah...it doesn't get better than this!  A belly full of fresh farm food and my two "reds" in the shade!  Can I just freeze this frame?!  
Okay...so I mentioned repairs.  Well....I had a little "RV incident" with my electric, retractable stairs, while in South Dakota.  Not pretty.  The stairs have an automatic override switch that retracts the stairs,  when the ignition switch is turned.  Nice feature.  However, this only works when the door is closed.  I had left the door open as I drove a short few yards to a grey water dump station....well...as I turned the corner on an incline the steps, in the fully extended position, dipped down and came in contact with the ground.  It was a good thing that the parking lot was dirt or I would've done serious damage to the motor home.  The stairs did not fair well in this incident, as they were totally bent out of square and I found it impossible to straighten them out.  I had to remove them and order a new set, which I had shipped general delivery to Madison, WI.  Installing the new ones was not an easy task and I'm glad I had jacks and a hydraulic jack to assist me in getting the stairs in place.  No way I could "press" these heavy suckers in place with one arm! A few busted knuckles later and...voila!  New stairs.  Again, not bad for a guy who did not "work" for a living for 20 years!  
High Ho, Silver, Team Breitmann!  Away to Chicago we go! 







No comments:

Post a Comment