Saturday, March 31, 2012

Corpus Christi Campout



Corpus Christi was not on our original "plan".  However, one of the main reason we embarked on this journey was to be able to build in margin and be available to change.  Like I mentioned in my remarks at my retirement ceremony, relationships are important and the thing that counts in life.  That's the reason we made Corpus Christi a destination on our "world tour"...people.  One of my good friend's mother lives in Corpus Christi.  Ten months ago, she lost her husband and it goes without saying, my friend lost his Dad. My friend mentioned to me that he'd really like for us to see about visiting her.  While this "divert" took us about 6 hours off our "planned' route, boy are we glad we did!  It confirmed that this trip is bigger than us.   I will share this "checklist" for decision making.  1.  Is this person someone important in your life?  2.  Will your personal presence make a difference? 3.  Is this a one time event? If you can answer "yes" to all three questions, then you best show up or you'll regret it in the end.
Our trusty home on wheels set up on Naval Air Station Corpus Christi.  For your information, Corpus Christi is a primary Joint Undergraduate Pilot Training base.  Joint means that the Navy, Marines and Air Force send student pilots here to learn the basics of flying, resulting in the award of pilot wings.  My friend I mentioned above, went to training here.

Our dog Molly enjoys a early morning walk with me on the Naval Air Station beach, which was right behind our motor home.

We attended worship services the Sunday after we arrived.  It was a great service and I had the privilege to meet the worship director, Joell, who incidentally is in the process of writing a book on forgiveness.  The message this Sunday is one I can recommend to most all men. It was on maintaining sexual purity.  Follow this link to hear it: Sunday Sermon 

A neat treat for my girls was a short car ferry ride at Port Aransas.  

Hailey loved the idea of driving the car onto a boat!

My girls with Manuela Estell, my friends Mom.  She is an amazing, high-energy woman!  She shared so much of her story about being born in Mexico and her life in general.  What wisdom she had to impart to the younger generation.  She is a great American patriot, as well!  My girls have made her their adopted "Lita" or a shortened Spanish nickname for grandma! We felt like we've known her for our whole life!

"Lita" put on an awesome spread of food for Team Breitmann! I think we all gained ten pounds!

Sharing stories around the family dinner table.  What a joy!

Heidi and Hailey in front of the USS Lexington, a World War II era aircraft carrier. You can read about her at this link: USS_Lexington_(CV-16)


Hailey on the flight deck of the Lexington.

Hailey always wants to do the "photo ops"!


Heidi on the bridge of the Lexington.

Hailey hams it up again!

"Lita" takes us to Church on Thursday nite at Real Life Church where we meet her sisters and their husbands.  They all made us feel like a part of the family!  How nice!

We had the privilege to meet the Sr. Pastor, Micah at Real Life, who posed with us for this picture.  God has anointed this man in the Great Commission.  I ask all my Christian Brothers to pray for Pastor Micah specifically for three things in the ministry that God has called him to:  1.  Favor 2. Wisdom 3. That all the credit is given to God.  The sermon he preached was on communion.  I had never heard it preached upon like this.  I urge you to take a listen at the link here: Life Change: Broken Bread

Team Breitmann's Urban Assault Vehicle in front of "Lita's" house.  Cousin Eddie strikes, again!

We say tearful good-byes to our "Lita".  We already miss you and hope to see you again!  Much love from Team Breitmann!

Now, we're off to Big Bend National Park.  We don't know when we'll have internet again so hang on for the next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment