Sunday, May 20, 2012

Team Breitmann - Update

Hey all!  
No, Team Breitmann did not drive off the edge of the map!  Although, it has felt like it.  What a change from Los Angeles!  We went from a major metropolitan area to the boonies.  It has been a refreshing change. However, I have not been able to blog because we did not even have cell phone coverage for the last two weeks.  We've been in the Sierra Nevada mountains visiting Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks.  We are now in Monterey, California and I'm working hard to get both Sequoia and Yosemite blogs up.  So, for those out there that are reading this blog (not sure how many that may be) you can expect updates this week...hopefully :)
We are all doing fine. It is hard to believe that we've been on the road for approximately three months and logged over 5,000  miles.  It feels like we've "hit our stride" now and are getting comfortable with our "lifestyle".  One thing that has really come home to roost now is the financial facts of retirement.  I have been really used to not worrying about money.  We never were extravagant, however, we never really had to say "no" to ourselves either.  For most, I suppose you could call that "extravagant".  Well...for one thing, we've realized we need to say "no" to some things, which I think is a good thing.  Ever since we've hit California it has been very expensive and we've been hit with numerous mechanical repairs, not to mention the gas prices.  We thought Los Angeles was expensive!  We had no idea.  We were paying 3.99/gallon in LA and in and around Yosemite it got as high as $5.09.  Keep in mind the UAV has a 75 gallon tank! Holy heart attack at the pump, Batman!  Team Breitmann is now open to donations to support the education of Heidi and Hailey!  Unfortunately, donations are not tax deductible!  LOL!  Other than us having to face the financial "real world",  we are extremely blessed and would not second guess our decision to take this amazing journey.  We really miss our dear friends but, we feel you with us.  If you are reading these blogs,  drop me a comment about the blog.  Tell me what you like or you'd like to read more or less  about.  Besides it would make me feel less like I'm talking to myself...which I do regularly...I just know I may be in trouble if I start answering myself:)  - Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment